Can I get Postgresql ODBC to accept ODBC Timestamp escape sequences? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hamlen, Peter
Subject Can I get Postgresql ODBC to accept ODBC Timestamp escape sequences?
Date
List pgsql-odbc

summary:  Can I get the ODBC driver to accept timestamps formatted like {ts 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss'} ?

Basically I have a windows application that uses standard ODBC timestamp escape sequences.  An ODBC timestamp escape sequence looks like this:   {ts 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss'}

A good url to explain this is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/acdata/ac_8_con_03_04l0.asp
(Yes, it's a Microsoft website but it's talking about ODBC... :)

The 7.03.02 driver just passes the timestamp string directly to postgres (running 7.3.4 on Linux) - which unsurprisingly doesn't recognize it.  It doesn't seem to be an option to change the windows application (it's a 3rd-party tool called Scribe) -so I'm hoping that there's a way to change the Postgres ODBC driver so it recognizes the format.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Has anyone experienced this problem before?  As cliched as it is, this is a really important problem that I have to solve - and I'd appreciate any suggestions that might make this work.   I've searched the archives and google but haven't come up with anything yet.

Peter Hamlen