Re: precautions/prerequisites to take for specific table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Semanchuk
Subject Re: precautions/prerequisites to take for specific table
Date
List pgsql-general

> On Nov 5, 2020, at 8:49 AM, Vasu Madhineni <vasumdba1515@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> In my organisation a newly built project application team requirement on tables like have a column (text type), with
sizecan reach around 3 MB, and 45 million records annually.

> Are there any specific precautions/prerequisites we have to take from DBA end to handle this type of table.

Hi Vasu,
Postgres can handle that just fine. We have a table with two text columns that’s 18Gb and almost 400 million rows, and
that’snot a big table by some people’s standards.

If you have specific concerns, you’ll need to tell us more about your situation and why you think you won’t be
satisfied.

Cheers
Philip