Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On May 14, 2011, at 2:14 PM, Joshua Berkus wrote:
> As a fork of the earlier discussion, I think we should credit two groups of people in the release notes:
>
> (1) bug reporters / testers
> (2) patch reviewers
>
> My suggestions to keep things simple is, rather than trying to credit people on a per-feature basis, we simply have a
listof names at the end of the release notes.  Also, that we limit it to people whose contribution to development was
significant(i.e. reviewed more than one patch, or spent a lot of time testing and analyzing a bug).

+1
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net