Two things bit baffling in RDS PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Krishna
Subject Two things bit baffling in RDS PG
Date
List pgsql-general
I am playing around with RDS PG and I am not able to understand the following:

1. The database name I created via RDS console is in upper case with no quotes. From the remote machine via psql,
     if I try to use lower case db name with the -d option it errors out "database not found".  Works only with upper
case.
    This behavior does not exist in non RDS env.

2. Two RDS parameter group

    rds.force_ssl
    ssl
    have been set to 1 (true)

    yet from a remote machine I can connect to the database via psql without specifying any option for ssl.  How is it
doing?

psql (10.3 (Debian 10.3-1.pgdg90+1))
SSL connection (protocol: TLSv1.2, cipher: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, bits: 256, compression: off)

thanks