Upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard - PostgreSQL won't start anymore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Dietrich
Subject Upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard - PostgreSQL won't start anymore
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

some weeks or months ago I upgraded my Mac from Leopard to Snow Leopard.  Because I needed to work a long time remote I
didn'tuse my local dev system and found it broken now.  First of all I've got the following error message in my log:

  FATAL:  could not create shared memory segment: Invalid argument
  DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=4374528, 03600).
  HINT:  [...]

After setting the value of shared_buffers from 2400kB to some lower (eg. 2000kB), the messages goes away but the
followingappears:

  FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file

I guess this is because I upgraded the OS without dumping the database before.  And now I'm stuck.  I found many pages
thatsuggests to make a pg_dumpall with the old database and the new pg_dumpall version.  But I (really) don't have the
oldsystem anymore and I guess it's impossible for me to get it from somewhere.  What can I do?  How can I dump the data
fromthe 32bit database?  Does someone has built a postgres binary for this issue?

Thanks in advance,
  Matthias

--
rainboxx Software Engineering
Matthias Dietrich, Freelancer

rainboxx                  |  Mobil: +49 (0) 151 / 50 60 78 64
Königsallee 43            |
71638 Ludwigsburg         |  WWW  :  http://www.rainboxx.de

XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html