Using partial index in combination with prepared statement parameters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steven Schlansker
Subject Using partial index in combination with prepared statement parameters
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

It's been covered a few times in the past,
=
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/BANLkTimfT4OHQKb6Y7M4wQrffpWNUtPqJQ@m=
ail.gmail.com
=
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/partial-indexes-not-used-on-parame=
terized-queries-td2121027.html

but in a nutshell, partial indices do not play nicely with prepared =
statements because
whether the index is valid or not cannot be known at query plan time.

I am curious if there is any development on this?  I have looked around =
but don't see any activity
(whether Simon's "I have a patch but don't hold your breath" or =
otherwise).

I ask largely because we use prepared statements everywhere and this =
makes it very hard
to use partial indices, which would offer us significant performance =
gains.

Does anyone know of any acceptable workaround?  Is there continued =
interest in maybe improving the PostgreSQL behavior in this case?

Thanks!
Steven Schlansker