Access 2002 linked table behavior - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Sufficool, Stanley
Subject Access 2002 linked table behavior
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I am debugging a certain application *cough* ArcGIS *cough* using Access 2002 linked tables and PostgreSQL. I am able to get the application to recognize and work with SQL 2005 linked tables, but it won't with PostgreSQL linked tables.

I have traced all commands going to PG using the pgodbc debug logs and all the queries are fine. So, now I am left with the ODBC / DAO layers. I think this has something to do with MSSQL IMAGE versus the PG bytea type since when it get to handling the bytea blobs, this is where it seems to crash. I have verified at the DAO layer that all data types and table/field attributes match between MSSQL and PGSQL linked tables.

If I trick the app by allowing initial connect to the SQL linked tables and then swap the link for the PG table all goes just fine and I can see the queries passed to PG and drawn on the application screen, but I cant get the app to do the initial connect to the PG linked table.

Is there any extra debug information I can get from the ODBC driver to see where the failure is?

Stanley Sufficool
Systems Analyst
San Bernardino County
909-387-2102

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or its attachment(s)