Re: BUG #8465: major dump/reload problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ján Máté
Subject Re: BUG #8465: major dump/reload problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Keikki,

it is clear what causes this problem, but pg_upgradecluster is an operation which simply MUST work (if you have several hundred of user databases, it is not an option to check all of them for this kind of error before the cluster upgrade).

Database upgrade is performed by the server administrator and a simple check constraint (created by a random database user) CANNOT break it.

The real solution is to change the pg_dump result from:

CREATE TABLE activity (
    _id bigint NOT NULL,
    name text NOT NULL,
    country bigint NOT NULL,
    currency bigint NOT NULL,
    CONSTRAINT activity_country_check CHECK (codebook_check((1)::bigint, country, false)),
    CONSTRAINT activity_currency_check CHECK (codebook_check((2)::bigint, currency, false))
);

<<import data here>>

CREATE TABLE activity (
    _id bigint NOT NULL,
    name text NOT NULL,
    country bigint NOT NULL,
    currency bigint NOT NULL
);

<<import data here>>

ALTER TABLE activity ADD CHECK (codebook_check((1)::bigint, country, false));
ALTER TABLE activity ADD CHECK (codebook_check((2)::bigint, currency, false));

JM