Patch: Tie stats options to autovacuum in postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Wheeler
Subject Patch: Tie stats options to autovacuum in postgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
PostgreSQLers,

I just ran into an issue where a client thought that autovacuum was
running but it wasn't. This is because it's not fatal when autovacuum
is on but stats_start_collector and/or stats_row_level is off. I
suspect that there's a reason that it's not fatal, so I thought that
it might be useful to give folks just a little bit of help by telling
them in postgresql.conf that they need to enable them in order for
autovacuum to work.

If this patch is not correctly formatted or against the proper file,
please let me know and I'll make the necessary modifications.

Thanks,

David

Attachment