Réf. : Re: Installation problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From t.ngockhoi@bpf.vnu.com
Subject Réf. : Re: Installation problems
Date
List pgsql-general
I don' know if you have make some installation process

     rpm -i postgresql-libs-7.1.3-1PGDG.i386.rpm
     rpm -i ...
     rpm -i ..

Normaly you don't need to use add user and initdb
I think is easy to make first
     userdel postgres
     rpm -i ...
     rpm -i ..

     /etc/init.d/postgres start          # it initialise the database location
for you in /var/lib/pgsql

     su postgres
     createdb
     createuser

Best regards,
NK.

"John Fabiani" <jfabiani@yolo.com> le 24/10/2001 16:57:48

Pour :    pgsql-general@postgresql.org
cc :   (ccc : Tô Ngoc-Khoi/BPF/BIE/VNU)
Objet :   Re: [GENERAL] Installation problems

I'm a newbie too.  In my case I had to create the directories prior to
initdb.  Also I had to create the linux user "postrgres".

John