Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Akhtar Yasmin-B05532
Subject Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error
Date
List pgsql-general
It says,
pg_ctl: 5432: not found
postmaster successfully started

But when I check the status, by using the command pg_ctl status,
Its says,
pg_ctl: postmaster or postgres is not running

Any idea when the postmaster.pid file is created?, because after giving
the start command I cannot see the .pid file in the directory it is
supposed to be.
Logically, I am assuming that, when the start command is given, pg_ctl
start, the postmaster.pid file gets created.

But this does not happen in my case, is there a way to debug, whether
any script has gotten corrupted?