Having trouble with connecting to database via kerberos - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Haskin, Daniel J
Subject Having trouble with connecting to database via kerberos
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hello!

I wonder if you folks can help me. I am having the hardest time location documentation on, or otherwise figuring out
howto connect to a Kerberos-authenticated database using pgAdmin in Amazon RDS.

I can connect to the database just fine with psql + kinit on linux, but the rest of my team is on Windows and pgAdmin.

How, in general, do you connect to a Kerberos-authenticated database from pgAdmin on Windows? I haven't been able to
findthe answer to this question.

In particular, I am connecting to a 12.3 pgsql database hosted on amazon RDS. No matter what I try, whenever I try to
authvia Kerberos, I get this error:

SSPI continuation error: The specified target is unknown or unreachable
(80090303)

If I connect using a local pg user, the connection succeeds.
If I connect using kinit + psql on linux, the connection succeeds.
If I connect using the correct host endpoint, I get the error above.
If I connect using the AWS alternative method described here[1] of connecting to <endpoint>.<aws-ad-domain>, I *still*
getthe error above.

Is there anyone who can help?

1: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/postgresql-kerberos-connecting.html

Daniel Haskin

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or
material.If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of
theerror.