Re: Errror when trying to create a logical replication slot - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Hotmail
Subject Re: Errror when trying to create a logical replication slot
Date
List pgsql-admin
FYI, we resolved this issue. The problem was having pg_show_plans listed in shared_preload_libraries. We removed pg_show_plans from the shared_preload_libraries and we were able to successfully create the logical replication slot.

Craig
On Dec 16, 2020, 3:20 PM -0700, Craig Jackson <crajac66@gmail.com>, wrote:
Hi All,

We get the following error when trying to test creating a logical replication slot in Postgres version 11.9

>SELECT * FROM pg_create_logical_replication_slot('regression_slot', 'test_decoding');
ERROR: cannot create logical replication slot in transaction that has performed writes

We are running the above command from psql and have tried issuing a rollback prior to running the command but still get the same error.

We have the following settings enabled:

>show wal_level;
 wal_level
 logical

>show max_replication_slots;
 max_replication_slots
 25

Any suggestions on what may be causing the above error are appreciated.

Regards,

Craig Jackson