RE: Enforcing uniqueness on [real estate/postal] addresses - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)
Subject RE: Enforcing uniqueness on [real estate/postal] addresses
Date
Re: Enforcing uniqueness on [real estate/postal] addresses  (David Goodenough <david.goodenough@broadwellmanor.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
I've been following this thread with some interest.

Was wondering if you ever thought about binding the textual address to a USNG location. https://usngcenter.org/

You can easily add individual locations within something like a farm field with as few as eight  unique digits that
wouldidentify each 10 meter square.  I'm oversimplifying my response, but once you look through how the USNG works,
you'llsee the benefit for using it as a address/location uniqueness enforcing tool.

It would easily allow for locating many different locations inside of a larger addressed location, as well as non,
addressedlocations.  The USNG location can be thought of as a unique address unto itself, and works  across the planet.
No two are alike.

Bobb