incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuki Kadomoto
Subject incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed
Date
Re: incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

Hello,

I see incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when "VACUUM FULL" is executed.

The error message didn't repeat. It showed up only once.

Is this expected? Can someone give me a plausible scenario why this happened?

Aug 16 20:51:19 postgres[22329]: [2-1] FATAL:  relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map" contains incorrect checksum

It looks like it's pretty rare and I have seen it only once at 2 different machines.

PosgreSQL version is 9.2.4.

Regards,

Tatsuki