Re: incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/21/2016 8:27 PM, Tatsuki Kadomoto wrote:

I see incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when "VACUUM FULL" is executed.

The error message didn't repeat. It showed up only once.

Is this expected? Can someone give me a plausible scenario why this happened?

Aug 16 20:51:19 postgres[22329]: [2-1] FATAL:  relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map" contains incorrect checksum

It looks like it's pretty rare and I have seen it only once at 2 different machines.

PosgreSQL version is 9.2.4.

that suggests unreliable hardware.  does this server not have ECC memory ?