Re: incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuki Kadomoto
Subject Re: incorrect checksum detected on "global/pg_filenode.map" when VACUUM FULL is executed
Date
List pgsql-general

Michael,

I have read the comment in relmapper.c.

===

Therefore mapped catalogs can only be relocated by operations such as VACUUM FULL
and CLUSTER, which make no transactionally-significant changes: it must be
safe for the new file to replace the old, even if the transaction itself aborts.
===

Does this mean it's a kind of expected to face checksum error when the mapping file is relocated by VACUUM FULL?

I faced the checksum error exactly when VACUUM FULL was running and it has never been detected until now.

Aug 16 20:51:19 postgres[22329]: [2-1] FATAL:  relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map" contains incorrect checksum
Aug 16 20:51:19 postgres[22329]: [2-2] STATEMENT:  SELECT id,readbm,writebm,survbm,timeout FROM Users WHERE username='packetlogicd' AND password=md5('xxxxx')

Regards,

Tatsuki