Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database
Date
Re: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I have a database "Customer" with about 60Gb of data.
I know I can backup and restore, but this seems too slow.

Is there any other option to duplicate this database as "CustomerTest"
as fast as possible (even fastar than backup/restore) - better if in one
operation (something like "copy database A to B")?
I would like to run this everyday, overnight, with minimal impact to
prepare a test environment based on production data.

Thanks,

--
Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter