Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 小波 顾
Subject Re: Are there plans to add data compression feature to postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, we are in a data warehouse like environments, where the database server is used to hold very large volumn of read only historical data, CPU, memory, I/O and network are all OK now except storage space, the only goal of compression is to reduce storage consumption.