Database size in Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kunal Gupta
Subject Database size in Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi ,

I have a question, I am suppose to create database with limited size. Is there any way I can set limit to my database created in postgresql.

As per my surfing through various blogs, I found, its not possible directly.This is my approach please let me know if I am going right:

- Since in postgresql (or may be other also), when a database is created, a path to a directory is given in which all data is stored.
- If I restrict the size of this directory then by database size will be automatically controlled.

please let me know if this is right and is there any more simpler way to reach this approach?

Thanks,
Kunal

The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves. Learn More