Re: issues with java driver setDate() on function call - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ismael ....
Subject Re: issues with java driver setDate() on function call
Date
List pgsql-general
sorry, just discovered the answer, only need to cast the value like this
String sql = "SELECT * FROM insertaEgreso(?, ?, ?::DATE, ?, ?, ?)";
pst.setDate(3, date);
:)

> I have a function declared as follows
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION insertaegreso(usuario1 integer, importepago1 numeric, fechapago1 DATE, concepto1 character
varying,tipopagonomina1 character varying, comentarios1 character varying)
> RETURNS integer AS....implementation....
>
> notice the field "fechapago1 DATE"
>
> the function is working just fine, I tried it from pgadmin3 and it works,
> but when I try to call it using java's PreparedStatement pst;
> pst.setDate(3, date);
> I get this error, (note: "no existe la función" means "the function .... doesn't exists")
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: no existe la función insertaegreso(integer, double precision, unknown,
charactervarying, character varying, character varying)