Re: log options - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: log options
Date
List pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:
> Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca> writes:
>> Is there a log option that will display the SQL statement triggering
>> WARNING; without having to log *all* queries?
>
> I think you want to set log_min_error_statement to warning.

Nice idea; except it does not work.  I tested it with this statement:

testing=> select '\r\n';
WARNING:  nonstandard use of escape in a string literal
LINE 1: select '\r\n';
                ^
HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.
  ?column?
  \r

(1 row)

I'd like to see SQL in log; but log file contains only:
2010-09-24 09:31:48 EDT mcl mcl WARNING:  nonstandard use of escape in a
string literal at character 8
2010-09-24 09:31:48 EDT mcl mcl HINT:  Use the escape string syntax for
escapes, e.g., E'\r\n'.

I did restart backend after changing postgresql.conf

Frank