Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 temp files never released? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 temp files never released?
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 28/09/2013 15:16, Edson Richter escreveu:
> I've a 12Gb database running without problems in Linux Centos 64bit
> for years now.
> Looking database statistics (in pgAdmin III), I can see that there are
> 366 temporary files, and they sum up 11,863,839,867 bytes in size.
>
> Is that normal? When will this space be released?
>
> I've restarted the server, but seems those files (in number and in
> size) are just growing and growing...
>
> Regards,
>
> Edson Richter

Forgot to mention: it is currently running 9.2.4.
Configuration files has currently the following configuration regarding
work_mem and temporary files:

shared_buffers = 1500MB
temp_buffers = 32MB
max_prepared_transactions = 0
work_mem = 64MB
maintenance_work_mem = 16MB
max_stack_depth = 2MB
temp_file_limit = 4GB
max_files_per_process = 2000

ulimit -a shows:

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 62703
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
open files                      (-n) 1048576
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 62703