Help with query timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Help with query timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear friends,

I'm using Java 1.6 with Jdbc 4 driver with PostgreSQL 9.1.5 on Windows
64 and Linux 64.
Trying to use setQueryTimeout(int), I get the following stack trace:
Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Method
org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4PreparedStatement.setQueryTimeout(int) not yet
implemented.
(free translation of the equivalent Portuguese message).

My question is: if setQueryTimeout is not implemented, how can I set a
query timeout parameter (per query or per session) using PostgreSQL? Is
there any "set ..." or connection parameter I can use?

Thanks,

Edson Richter