Re: dropdb breaks replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: dropdb breaks replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 31/10/2012 20:47, Greg Williamson escreveu:
> Edson --
>
>> I've two PostgreSQL 9.1.6 running on Linux CentOS 5.8 64bit.
>> They are replicated asynchronously.
>>
>> Yesterday, I've dropped a database of 20Gb, and then replication has broken, requiring me to manually synchronize
bothservers again.

>> It is expected that dropdb (or, perhaps, createdb) break existing replication between servers?
>>

> Sorry for the slow response -- as others have indicated, the drop db is probably not the problem. We have one system
thatdrops a several-gig database hourly and the replication has never failed. We see issues on the master with dead
filehandles but the replication itself is rock solid.

> Greg

Our application should (almost) never delete databases, but just in case
I'll keep an eye open, and manually sync the replication if needed. It
is not a major issue, was more a matter of curiosity.

Also, John pointed that xlog in PostgreSQL is not the same as the
concept I had from Oracle days.

Thanks, Greg (and everyone).

Edson