Fwd: [ADMIN] Confuse about the behaveior of PreparedStatement.executeBatch (jdbc) - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Haifeng Liu
Subject Fwd: [ADMIN] Confuse about the behaveior of PreparedStatement.executeBatch (jdbc)
Date
Re: Fwd: [ADMIN] Confuse about the behaveior of PreparedStatement.executeBatch (jdbc)  (dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net>)
List pgsql-jdbc

Begin forwarded message:

From: Haifeng Liu <liuhaifeng@live.com>
Subject: [ADMIN] Confuse about the behaveior of PreparedStatement.executeBatch (jdbc)
Date: December 13, 2012 6:44:56 PM GMT+08:00

Hi,

I have a DB writer program written in Java, it do batch updates, and will try to update each record in a batch if it failed. I think no any record in a batch will be update if the batch failed, but weirdly I found a few records update twice(very little amount among all records).

Well, there is less stuff about postgresql jdbc driver. I wanna know if executeBatch really keep all the records in a batch untouched when the batch failed. Any help is appreciate.