Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Singer
Subject Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors
Date
Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors
List pgsql-hackers
On 11-06-18 06:36 PM, Steve Singer wrote:
> On 11-06-08 04:14 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>
> Here is my review of this patch
>
> Submission Review:
> ------------------------
> The patch applies cleanly against master
> The patch does not include any documentation updates (see note below
> to update config.sgml)
> The patch does not include any unit tests. At a minimum it should add
> a few tests with verbosity set to verbose

On second thought tests might not work. Is the only way to get the
constraint details are in verbose mode where line numbers from the c
file are also included? If so then this won't work for the regression
tests.   Having the diff comparison fail every time someone makes an
unrelated change to a source file isn't what we want.