Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christopher Head
Subject Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 19:42:38 -0500

> Me, too.  I reread the original discussion of this topic and I'm still
> a little fuzzy on it, but the issue that was under discussion seems to
> be what information we pass to external auth libraries like GSSAPI or
> Kerberos, given that we have host and hostaddr to choose from.

I'd have thought the logical thing there would be "host", in keeping
with the idea that "host is the thing you want to connect to, hostaddr
is just how you get there". If you're tunnelling through SSH, you want
to ask Kerberos for a ticket to the final end machine, not "localhost",
after all.

Chris