Re: dropdb breaks replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: dropdb breaks replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
Em 31/10/2012 15:39, Lonni J Friedman escreveu:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Edson Richter
> <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I've two PostgreSQL 9.1.6 running on Linux CentOS 5.8 64bit.
>> They are replicated asynchronously.
>>
>> Yesterday, I've dropped a database of 20Gb, and then replication has broken,
>> requiring me to manually synchronize both servers again.
>>
>> It is expected that dropdb (or, perhaps, createdb) break existing
>> replication between servers?
> How did you determine that replication was broken, and how did you
> manually synchronize the servers?  Are you certain that replication
> was working prior to dropping the database?

I'm sure replication was running.
I usually keep two windows open in both servers, running

In master:

watch -n 2 "ps aux | egrep sender"

In slave:

watch -n 2 "ps aux | egrep receiver"

At the point the dropdb command has been executed, both disappeared from
my "radar".
Also, in the log there is the following error:

LOG:  replicação em fluxo conectou-se com sucesso ao servidor principal
FATAL:  não pôde receber dados do fluxo do WAL: FATAL:  segmento do WAL
solicitado 0000000100000001000000BE já foi removido

May the cause not having enough segments (currently 80) for dropdb
command? Is dropdb logged in transaction log page-by-page excluded?

Thanks,

Edson