Re: json query problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Burns
Subject Re: json query problem
Date
List pgsql-general
The information on apt.postgresql.org was a little outdated, the last I checked.

For information which is sure to be up to date, check out: http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/debian/

They describe how to add the repo to your Debian install, allowing you to update to PostgreSQL 9.3+.

The JSON data type was implemented in 9.3. 9.4 (still under development,) brings some HUGE enhancements to the storage mechanism behind HSTORE and JSON, which I'd hop on the moment it is released as stable.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 02/01/2014 19:19, john.tiger wrote:
> trying to select a row of json type returning the entire json record
>
> table users  id, jsondata
> jsondata has {"username":"jdoe", ....}
>
> select json_to_row from users where jsondata->"username" = "jdoe";
>    fails on operator -> unknown
>
> using debian testing with postgresql backport ppa
> psql:  9.3.2   server 9.2.6
>
> do I need a higher server version ?  is there a 9.3 server available for
> debian ?

Dunno about the JSON question, but you can get current Debian versions
of PostgreSQL from http://apt.postgresql.org.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland