Trouble creating extensions: postgis and postgis_topology - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Zeng, David (GE Healthcare)
Subject Trouble creating extensions: postgis and postgis_topology
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hello, my friends, I am configuring PostGIS for the database restore. I ran the following sequence successfully on a brand new database yesterday afternoon:

CREATE SCHEMA postgis;

ALTER DATABASE dz5 SET search_path="$user", public, postgis,topology;

GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA postgis TO public;

CREATE EXTENSION postgis WITH SCHEMA postgis;

CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;

However, I got the following error when it get to “CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;” step today:

ERROR:  type "geometry" does not exist

Any thoughts? Has any one of you experienced this before?

David Zeng | System Database Administrator