Re: About that DBTools Postgres manager - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Brian Frank
Subject Re: About that DBTools Postgres manager
Date
Re: About that DBTools Postgres manager
Re: About that DBTools Postgres manager
List pgsql-advocacy
I'm in complete agreement with Diogo.  Nothing says "we are a strong,
well-supported community" more than having a great list of add-on tools and
utilities people can pick up and easily use.

This is also a great way to generate passive income for supporting
PostgreSQL development, if the group can collect money in some fashion.  We
can arrange to resell or provide leads to companies that are selling
commercial database software by promoting their software on this site.  Just
a thought.

I'd also like to make a pitch for my favorite utility, PHPMyAdmin, which
currently only supports MySQL.  Its a fully web-based MySQL management
utility

You can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/

If this is ported to PostgreSQL, it'd be a huge hit.  Its already one of the
most active projects on SourceForge.

- Brian

Brian Frank
email@brianfrank.com