Re: Foreign key in composite values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: Foreign key in composite values
Date
List pgsql-general
In your example can you Make cx.r a foreign key on another table (say real) so that a valid instance of cx must have a
valuefor r that exists in real?  I guess you could make r an enum but that wouldn't readily allow you to modify the
allowablevalues for r.  A domain and/or check constraint for r would be another option as well.

David J.