Re: ddl_command_end not firing DROP events - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Demitri Muna
Subject Re: ddl_command_end not firing DROP events
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Jul 8, 2018, at 2:19 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

As I recall, handling of DROP events in the ddl_command_end event is not
completely consistent. You may even find that some DROP events are not
returned by pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands.  I suggest you stick to
pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects() instead (for which you need
sql_drop).

That's what I'm seeing as well and have a workaround in place that does just that. But to track schema changes requires two triggers and two functions. Which is fine, it works, but I'm wondering if it's a documentation issue or an outright bug.

Cheers,
Demitri