Re: initdb failed - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Leeuw van der, Tim
Subject Re: initdb failed
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Did you change your cygwin configs to use the cygserver, and did you de-install ipc-daemon2?

--Tim
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-cygwin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Michael Rogers
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 6:23 PM
To: pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org
Subject: [CYGWIN] initdb failed

Like several other reports,  I am now stuck with this failure (listed below). I have not seen any work-around posted anywhere.
So far, I have used chmod 777 on the directories in the path, to no avail.
I have installed/reinstalled 7.4.3 & 7.4.5 - the only two versions available from cygwin. Seems no way to get back to 7.3.x under cygwin (this used to work).
I installed the equivalent releases under RedHat 9 and everything worked perferctly.
Does anyone know how to (1) fix the problem or (2) get back to an earlier 7.3.x version that works under cygwin?

Many thanks

[Listing of the error]
$ initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "mrogers".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/analytics/pgsql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/analytics/pgsql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/analytics/pgsql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/analytics/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/analytics/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
10
selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/analytics/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal 12

initdb: failed

Michael Rogers
V.P. Research   Oakley Networks Inc.
Mobile:  (510) 504-6905  | Direct : (801) 733-1180
Email:  michael.rogers@oakleynetworks.com
Web:   http://www.oakleynetworks.com
image00116.jpg

Attachment