Re: psql show me the : and ask user input, when running one sql file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: psql show me the : and ask user input, when running one sql file
Date
List pgsql-general

On Apr 5, 2020, at 8:24 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 5:50 AM arden liu <ardenbook@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using psql to run this sql file(https://github.com/Arelle/Arelle/blob/master/arelle/plugin/xbrlDB/sql/public/xbrlPublicPostgresDB.ddl)
here is my command:
/usr/bin/psql postgresql://db_user:dbpassword@localhost:5432/my_db -f /tmp/xbrlPublicPostgresDB.ddl
I do not know why it show me the : , which is asking me to input something.
Can someone help me?

If you can manually execute incremental portions of the file until the final statement introduces the problem I'll be happy to try and explain what may be wrong with that statement or portion of the file.

Removing stuff instead of just commenting it out is recommended.

David J.

Or change your semi-colons into \p\g and perhaps we’ll see the lasting thing run.