Re: 9.5 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rajeev rastogi
Subject Re: 9.5 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 June 2015 09:45, Bruce Momjian Wrote:

> I have committed the first draft of the 9.5 release notes.  You can
> view the output here:
>
>     http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-5.html
>
> and it will eventually appear here:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release.html
>
> I am ready to make suggested adjustments, though I am traveling for
> conferences for the next ten days so there might a delay in my replies.

Below performance improvement in the "General Performance" category is missing:
   Reduce btree scan overhead for < and > strategies      For <, <=, > and >= strategies, mark the first scan key   as
alreadymatched if scanning in an appropriate direction.   If index tuple contains no nulls we can skip the first
re-checkfor each tuple.      Author: Kumar Rajeev Rastogi   Committer: Simon Riggs

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi