Help on some concepts - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Francois Suter
Subject Help on some concepts
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi all,

I'm currently working on the French translation of 7.4 press release,
but there are some concepts I don't even understand so I'm hard put to
translate them. If someone can help me understand I hope I can find a
proper translation:

- "hash aggregation in memory": I know what's a hash, but what kind of
hash is being aggregated and how is it different from what was done
before?

- "a new wire protocol": what's a wire protocol?

Thanks for the help.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco