Re: Union Question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Plugge, Joe R.
Subject Re: Union Question
Date
List pgsql-sql

You may want to try dblink.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/dblink.html

From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Shaun McCloud
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 10:51 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] Union Question

Hello,

I need to union three PostgreSQL tables and this won’t be a problem but the tables are on different servers.  Basically, I have an administrative server that needs the tables viewable in a web administrator and three query servers that log the needed data locally.  Is there a way I can do this without using Slony-I to replicate the data to the administrative server?

Shaun McCloud - Software Testing Analyst
GeoComm Inc.

601 W. Saint Germain St., Saint Cloud, MN 56301
Office: 320.240.0040 Fax: 320.240.2389 Toll Free: 888.436.2666
click here to visit www.geo-comm.com

Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)

Do or do not, there is no try.

      -Yoda