SELinux & Redhat - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jeff -
Subject SELinux & Redhat
Date
Re: SELinux & Redhat  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-docs
I think we should put some notes about SELinux causing issues with
pgsql in the OS notes or FAQ.

Myself and a few coworkers just spent a few hours tracking down why
pg_dump would produce no output.  We'd fire it up in strace and we'd
see all the successful write calls, but not output.

We copied pg_dump from another machine and it worked fine, and that
machine was running the same OS & pg rpms.

Eventually we found it was SELinux was preventing pg_dump from
producing output.

Any thoughts?  I could write up a short blurb but I'm not terribly
familiar with selinux. we just disabled the whole thing to make it work.

For the record:
CentOS 4.0
postgresql-8.0.2-1PGDG.i686.rpm (and associated) rpms from
postgresql.org's ftp server

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/