Re: template Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From flume33@yahoo.com
Subject Re: template Database
Date
List pgsql-general
I think you want template0 and template1 because they can do important
things. Using the psql program type (or one of the GUI database front
ends like pgPhpAdmin):

         CREATE DATABASE test;

This should get you going. However, I think  "DROP template1" might be
really bad and might require another initdb or reinstall (not sure :(
I would reinstall just to be safe :)

Jeff

unuseable and refuses connections. Template1 is the default</smaller></fontfamily>

but can not drop template0. How do I rid my server of the useless
template0. The server consol will and does show Fatals when</smaller></fontfamily>

template?</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>I think you want template0 and template1 because they can do important