Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kääriäinen Anssi
Subject Re: REVIEW: Extensions support for pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well I'm not seeing that here

I am not at work at the moment and I don't have the possibility to compile PostgreSQL on this computer, so the example
hereis from memory.

The issue I saw was this: assume you have an extension foo, containing one function, test().

CREATE EXTENSION foo;
DROP FUNCTION test();
-- restricted due to dependency

ALTER FUNCTION test() RENAME TO test2;
DROP FUNCTION test2();
-- not restricted!

The same can be done using CREATE OR REPLACE.

I hope this is not an error on my part. It is possible because I had a lot of schemas and my search_path might have
beenwrong...
- Anssi
PS: Using web email client, I hope this comes out in somewhat sane format.