Re: Insert or Update a path from textbox... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Insert or Update a path from textbox...
Date
List pgsql-general
On 31 May 2010, at 23:27, <david.catasus@1as.es> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just try to insert or update an actually table with Microsoft .NET platform VS2005.
>
> The problem is that de "\" dissapear when I make the insert or Update.

Postgres is interpreting those backslashes as escape characters. Either escape them or turn on
standard_conforming_strings.

That said, if you're having this problem your queries are probably vulnerable to SQL injection too, they're certainly
notparameterised or Postgres would have done the escaping for you.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4c04394a10151125916774!