Re: Access Permissions to Users - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Access Permissions to Users
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Feb 17, 2005, at 6:15 AM, ganapatiram wrote:

>           I am using Postgresql 8.0 windows version. I am using this
> in the server as well as clients with the same access permissions to
> users as i am not aware how to set-up the access permissions for other
> users seperating super user.
>
>             If i want to give only view permissions to a set of users,
> how can i do that?
>
>             If i want to give only insert & view permissions to a set
> of users, how can i do that? and on...
>

> Please let me know how can i set access permissions.

Use CREATE GROUP to give permissions to a set of users.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-creategroup.html

The GRANT command is used to give permissions for specific operations
to users and/or groups.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-grant.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/