reindexing, pg_class (and other system tables) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sally Sally
Subject reindexing, pg_class (and other system tables)
Date
List pgsql-general
Very strange things are happening when I am reindexing a table. I did this
with postmaster running as a standalone. The index for the table prior to
reindexing is on a separate disk and I created a sym link (due to lack of
space). When the reindexing is done I see new files created under
/data/base/dbnumber/ but when I look at pg_class table it is pointing still
to the old index because the oid I get is the older one. What does this
mean? I assumed reindexing a non-sys table with postmaster running as a
standalone would also update the relevant tables. Do I have to do a separate
process to update the pg_class and other tables that need to be aware of the
reindexing?
Sally

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday.
http://special.msn.com/msn/election2004.armx