Re: SQL query never ends - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From James Im
Subject Re: SQL query never ends
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
The file commview.zip contains  traces of the postgresql port captured
with Commview (demo). error4.cap should contains the error but may be
the beggining is missing. In error5.cap contains all packets exchanged
during the error. I'm 100% sure about this capture session. The error
should be near the end of the file I guess. The thread dump for the
bolcking error that occured in error5.cap is the following:

"Thread-23" prio=6 tid=0x256a0b70 nid=0x744 runnable
[0x2829f000..0x2829fb64]
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
- locked <0x116082b0> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:256)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1163)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)
- locked <0x11603398> (a org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:340)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:239)
at com.kumaru.services.jdbc.StatementWrapper.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.kumaru.servers.http.HttpUtil.storeUrlMp(Unknown Source)
at com.kumaru.servers.http.HttpUtil$1.run(Unknown Source)
at com.kumaru.services.pool.ThreadRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

Commview makes it possible to listen to the windows loopback but with
some limitations (see:
http://www.tamos.com/htmlhelp/commview/loopback.htm).

That's why I've also done another test.

The file wireshark.zip contains 3 files with traces of the postgresql
port captured with Wireshark. I could not reproduce exactly the same
problem as the setup is not 100% the same. Instead of having server DB
in the same windows 2000 box I moved the server into a vmware windows xp
box (on the same machine). The difference (from Java point of view) is
that the code (in org.postgresql... ) throws a IO exception instead of
blocking.

The traces are big because the error happens randomly.

I hope you've got enough info because I don't think that I can do more!

[attachements removed : ask me if you which to receive them]

F� de bedste s�geresultater med MSN Search:  http://search.msn.dk