Re: BUG #2071: ERROR: invalid multibyte character for locale - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Prakash Nair
Subject Re: BUG #2071: ERROR: invalid multibyte character for locale
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks All.
I have got a solution. When we give initdb, given it with --locale=C and created database with 'UNICODE'.
This one worked. as of now everything seems to be working. I hope , there wont be any issues, please let me know, if
youhave any suggestions.
Thanks,
Prakash.

From:  Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>To:  tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)CC:  Prakash
Nair<prakashblr@hotmail.com>, pgsql-bugs@postgresql.orgSubject:  Re: [BUGS] BUG #2071: ERROR: invalid
multibytecharacter for localeDate:  Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:21:11 -0500tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)
writes:>- What is the nevironment of the server process? That is: what does the>   shell command
'locale'say when it is issued in the same environment>   as the server starts? (that is not necessarily
theenvironment you get>   if you start a shell!). Try, e.g. putting ''export
LANG=us_US.UTF-8''>  just before the server is called (typically in /etc/init.d/postgresql>
or
thereabout.In recent PG versions you can do SHOW LC_COLLATE and/or SHOW LC_CTYPEto verify the locale settings the
serveris using.  Note that these arelocked down based on the environment seen by initdb --- you can't
changethemjust by inserting an environment setting into the postmaster startscript.regards, tom
lane---------------------------(endof broadcast)---------------------------TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive
FAQ?                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq