Re: scrollable cursor sup. for SPI - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: scrollable cursor sup. for SPI
Date
List pgsql-patches

>"Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@hotmail.com> writes:
> > if I comprehended it well CURSOR_OPT_SCROLL is set only when SCROLL is
>cheap
> > (not when is possible). It's true?
>
>Nope.  If you want a scrollable plan you need to make sure you tell the
>planner about it.  SPI_cursor_open is not in charge, it's merely looking
>at what the planner did.

aha. Then modification of open function hasn't sence. But it needs enhance
SPI_prepare. I don't know  when cursors are not scrollable implicitly. it
it's important. If not, then I need for scrollable cursors in plpgsql only
fetch and move scroll funcs.

Pavel Stehule

Citite se osamele? Poznejte nekoho vyjmecneho diky Match.com.
http://www.msn.cz/