Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>I am not talking about stored procedures. I am talking about a very
>ugly, counter intuitive syntax above.
>
>Initializing full text should be as simple as:
>
>CREATE INDEX foo USING FULLTEXT(bar);
>
>(or something similar)
>
>Or:
>
>CREATE TABLE foo (id serial, names text FULLTEXT);
>
>Anything more complicated is a waste of cycles.
>
>Joshua D. Drake

I agree. Question: what about multilanguage fulltext.

CREATE INDEX foo USING FULLTEXT(bar) [ WITH czech_dictionary ];
CREATE TABLE foo (id serial, names text FULLTEXT [ (czech_dictionary,
english_dictionary) ] );

all others can we do via SP.

Pavel Stehule

Citite se osamele? Poznejte nekoho vyjmecneho diky Match.com.
http://www.msn.cz/