Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL Todo, better information in errcontext from plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>Hi, Tom,
>
>Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >> I miss some info in context: function's oid, function's argumenst and
> >> schema. Maybe:
> >
> >> 199292 function public.foo(int, int, int) language plpgsql statement
>return
> >> line 10
> >
> > Putting the OID there is a seriously awful idea, not least because it
> > would make it impossible to have stable regression-test outputs.
> >
> > I'm not really convinced that we need more than the function name.
>
>I also think that the OID will hurt here, but schema and argument types
>may be useful in some corner cases.

And what two variants of errcontext drived by GUC? First current
(compatible) and second enhanced (with oid, params, maybe all possible debug
values) and possible machine's readable. This enhanced variant can be
compatible and shared in all environments.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/